Hand baggage consists of light items that you may need in-flight. It may include for ladies, a handbag or for men, a briefcase; a small laptop computer/Tablet and reading material. It also includes infant’s food for consumption in flight.
The following maximum allowances apply for Carry-on Baggage for all Nauru Airlines International Travel:
Hand baggage should be shown to the check-in agent to ensure it is suitable to take on-board. Hand luggage in excess of your allowance will be removed at the boarding gate. You should be aware that excess hand luggage may not travel on the same flight as you. Additional charges will be payable if your excess hand luggage when added to your checked baggage weight exceeds your permitted allowance.
|Cabin||Total Combined Weight Allowance||Maximum Dimensions**|
|Business||10kg||48(l) x 34(h) x 23(d) cm ##|
|Economy||7kg||48(l) x 34(h) x 23(d) cm ##|
Additional allowances at our absolute discretion may include:
- a handbag, pocketbook or purse which is appropriate to normal travelling dress and is not being used as a container for the transportation of articles which could otherwise be regarded as Baggage;
- an overcoat or wrap
- an umbrella (pointed and/or sharp prohibited) or walking stick;
- a small camera and/or pair of binoculars;
- a reasonable amount of reading matter for the flight;
- infant’s food for consumption in flight;
- a small amount of duty-free goods.
## For non rigid Baggage such as a garment bag the maximum dimensions permitted are 60(l) x 114(h) x 11(d) cm.
Note 1: Medical assistance items (crutches, wheelchairs etc) are exempt from this requirement. Please refer to our section on Mobility Aids.
Note 2: Carry-on hand baggage must not include any prohibited items, liquids, aerosols or gels (LAGS) that exceed the maximum quantity permitted. Any prohibited items and/or LAGS items in excess of the maximum quantity permitted will be removed at the screening point by the airport operator or screening agency. There is no provision to hold these items for you.
Please ensure your bags that you pack with your luggage are of a suitable type and of sound construction to protect its content. Nauru Airlines is not responsible for repair or replacement of bags that are presented at check-in that are not adequate or suitable to protect the contents from damage.
For International Travel on Nauru Airlines flights the following allowances are included in your Fare. All other Baggage which is larger and/or heavier than your allowance will constitute excess and/or oversized Baggage. Pooling of baggage is only permitted where passengers are part of a family group and have been booked on the same booking reference number (PNR). Fees are payable for any excess baggage and must be paid for at the time of check-in.
Checked Baggage does not include items similar to the following:
- White Goods;
- Non hand-held electronics,
- Household goods,
- Tools and machinery,
- Commercial quantities of goods or items, and,
- other items not for personal use.
These items may be sent by freight subject to space available. All freight items should be lodged at the freight company at least 24 hours before your flight – you will need to check the freight company opening times as not all companies are open on weekends and/or public holidays.
NAURU AIRLINES FLIGHTS TO/FROM ALL INTERNATIONAL DESTINATIONS:
|Fare Type||Weight Allowance|
- The maximum weight per piece of Baggage must not exceed 32 kilograms
- Total dimensions of Baggage must not exceed 270cm with no one piece exceeding 158cm
- Nauru Airlines does not accept the following items as Checked Baggage and does not accept liability for their loss or damage unless the items are identified to Nauru Airlines and it has, in its absolute discretion, given its written acceptance for carriage and accepted liability in writing for their loss or damage:
- Cash, credit cards, deeds, passports and other travel documents, securities, business documents or other valuable documents;
- Jewellery, antiques, precious metals or similar valuable items;
- Any item of a delicate, fragile or brittle nature e.g. glassware, sports equipment, musical instruments;
- Any item of a perishable nature e.g. seafood;
- Electrical or electronic components e.g. computers, cameras;
- Any item that has insufficient packaging to withstand the normal circumstances and effects of carriage by air.
ALLOWANCES FOR INFANTS
Adults accompanying infants are entitled to check-in one stroller, bassinet or car seat. If used to board the aircraft these items will be removed at the departure gate and stowed in the aircraft hold. They will be returned to you at the destination port.
Excess baggage can be paid for at the airport or prepaid through your booking agent. If using the prepaid facility there is no refund offered if the actual baggage lifted weighs less than the weight paid for.
EXCESS BAGGAGE CHARGES:
Excess Baggage Rate in AUD from Brisbane to:
Excess Baggage Rate in SBD from Honiara:
Excess Baggage Rate in AUD from Nauru to:
Excess Baggage Rate in FJD from Nadi to:
Excess Baggage Rate in AUD from Tarawa to:
Excess Baggage Rate in USD from Majuro to:
Federated States of Micronesia
|10kgs = 22lbs||30kgs = 66lbs|
|23kgs = 50lbs||35kgs = 77lbs|
|25kgs = 55lbs||45kgs = 99lbs|
|32kgs = 70lbs||any bag over this weight MUST be repacked|
Excess Baggage Rate in USD from Pohnpei to:
Excess Baggage Rate in USD from Kosrae to:
Excess Baggage Rate in USD from Chuuk to:
Unaccompanied Baggage is passenger baggage sent separately as personal-effects cargo, and not as baggage accompanied by a passenger. Passenger baggage is a person’s personal wearing apparel, portable sporting goods and portable musical instruments. It does NOT include combustion/electric engines, motor parts and tools of trade. When personal effects are consigned as Unaccompanied Baggage, the passenger must present a copy of their passenger ticket to prove they are genuine passengers.
Please call one of our Cargo Agents to get a quote.
Sending your excess baggage as unaccompanied baggage is often cheaper. You will need to have the baggage with the cargo agent a number of days prior to travel – the cargo agent will advise you of the local requirements.